Monday 3 October 2011

Some Kind Of Success!!

Finally! Some success!

I had an epiphany! Thus was to back minature versions of our designs (printed using our own printer credits) upon card and to write "Thank You" or something on the back to go in the bag. This idea is quick, easy and affordable. I knocked up a prototype and presented my idea. It was OK'd instantly so I set about creating more.

We also began covering sheets of newspaper ( taken out of the "free" stands at Sainsbury's) with coloured tissue paper that was dumped around the college. The lecturer duplicated my net for the rest of the class to use. Today saw us "build" the bags.

I then proceeded to create my " postcards" by using the spray booth when using spray mount to adhere the images to the card. This is due to Health & Safety. The booth has an extractor fan at the back so that the user does not inhale adhesive. I then used a guillotine to cut the cards up as I did 4 to a sheet.



I then wanted to stencil something on the back and the lecturer suggested that I should do a heart instead of text. I created a stencil with a scalpel and card (upon a cutting mat) and airbrushed the heart on the back.


I have written a quick thank you on the back of my prints for the guests. 


 4 days until the show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment